In a message dated 1/15/2005 5:27:44 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

jt:  What does "saved by grace through faith" look like?
Abraham is given as our example of one who had saving faith the kind that is reckoned as righteousness - but Abraham also passed the ultimate test.

What you cannot do, IMO, Judy, is take events out of Abraham's life and use them to contradict what was said.    And what was said?   That his faith was reckon as righteousness.   What does that look like?   You have scripture on that, you know.   An old man and an old woman, given a promise that was completely beyond their abilities.   All he could do was to look at those stars his Creator spoke of and believe.  There was nothing else that he could do.   In fact, when he decided to help God out with this promise, it was wrong.    Did Abraham continue to be as faithful to G-d as he knew how?   Of course.   But that obedience had nothing to do with the fulfillment of the promise...........especially if we understand the seed to be Christ, himself   (Gal.3:16).

John