Judy, I am not sure what your point is below.   Apparently the problem was with Abraham's wife.   The fact is, Abraham could do nothing about the promise apart from God's intervention.   All that was left for him was simply to believe.   THAT is the bibilical context for the statement.   It is THAT example that defines "salvation by faith apart from our own effor (works of law).      John