Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 5:24 AM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Truth as viewed by one of the greats

To the Enlighteded:

If no one cometh to Christ except the Father draw him  -   then Christ is NOT the "draw."
Something else is going on.   If Philip 2:12,13  (work out your own salvation for it is God at work within you both to will and to do His good pleasure) is part of the answer to the question embedded in the "draw,"  perhaps the Spirit of God is involved in the life and goings on of all mankind.   Response, then, to this Divine Influence, would be called "repentance" on one occasion, "confession" on another, "benevolent caring" on another, the expense of one's self for the hungry on yet another, and doing works of the law apart from actual knowledge of the law  .........................  in short, the function of faith whether knowingly or not (as in the case of the Gentile in Romans 2).  Because of the cross, Jesus dying for the whole world (all of mankind, i.e. The Dance), this response(s) demonstrates the function of faith (works) and has a vital role to play as God considers the destiny of all and each of mankind.

Objections?   Acts 2:38 seems to suggest that if we repent and are baptized, we will, then, receive the Holy Spirit.  Mankind individually would not have the Spirit unless and until a certain response that "gets us saved" is committed to.

But does the command in Acts 2:38 counter the idea of a continuing Presence in each of mankind?   What about Eph 5:18,19,20 makes it clear that Infilling of the Spirit is a repeated possibility based upon a commitment to a specific function of faith.   "Be ye filled with the Spirit as you  ................"  could be considered a first time event by some when, in fact, it speaks of a repeated infilling.

Could it be that Acts 2:38 is not speaking of a first time occurrence for the same reasons that Eph 5 is not.   That those in Acts 2 are responding to the inward motivations of God as described in Philip 2.   That anytime we do what is right, we are in partnership with God.   That salvation is ours to loose as we consider the "right thing to do" and decide against it?

Just asking

JD