Hi Izzy, just a few thoughts to consider ....

Why would Jesus have to come with the human tendency to sin?

I’m just using that term to say that I believe he had the same human nature that we have—was fully human; could have sinned if he wanted to.

 The first Adam had no human tendency to sin before the fall and he made that choice anyway Which we can do even though we are born again.  We now have two choices: to sin or not to sin.  Prior to being in Christ we had no freedom to live w/o sin.

Jesus had no tendency but he had the same opportunity when confronted with the voice of the same adversary in the wilderness and He chose not to.  The first Adam did not have Romans 7:17 type sin indwelling him before the fall.  Jesus the second Adam did not have Romans 7:17 type sin indwelling him either for if he had he would have been ineligible as a sacrifice for he would not have been a "spotless Lamb"  That’s my point: if you believe that humans are born guilty of sin (if that is your idea of Original Sin), then we are born with indwelling sin—not just the human inclination to sin.  I believe Original Sin is only the human tendency, or propensity, to sin.  We are not born guilty and condemned unless/until we actually commit a sin.  That’s my view of it.

jt: We are free so long as we consistently walk after the Spirit according to Romans 8:1b (which has been cut out of the NIV) but still this is not exactly like the pre-fallen Adam since he had no lust in his flesh (before the fall he was naked and without guilt or shame). Actually it was his lust for the apple, or to please Eve, that tempted him to sin.

 I used to believe that Romans 7 described the unregenerate man but have since learned that Paul had been born of the Spirit (or born again) for at least 20yrs when he wrote this.  The book of Romans is written to believers at Rome and Paul describes his own walk here. He worked out his own salvation with fear and trembling and wrote that he had NOT yet attained but he pressed on Phil 3:10-14.  Yes, he described the war between our flesh and our spirit.  We now have the choice—since receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit—of which one we walk in.

Paul has been known to miss it. He called the High Priest a "whited sepulchre" and had to apologize for it; he also got into a fritz with Barnabus over John Mark.  For him it was a learning process like it is for us.  However, I don't see Jesus "missing it" at all, ever, during his earthly ministry even when he called ppl vipers and sons of their father the devil and when he cleansed the temple it was "righteous zeal"- He took our likeness upon himself but this likeness involved the limitations of human flesh in outward form only; it was at Calvary that he took upon himself our sin and the breach with the Father that it caused and this is why he cried "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken Me?" as our substitute. True. Izzy

Grace and Peace,

judyt.

.