On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:41:53 EST [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> In a message dated 2/25/2005 5:09:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> > The LDS Church will continue to
> > advance and grow, because the people who are minding the store, so
> > speak,  have received their commission from above.
>
> Buddism grows.   Islam is booming.   The Charismatics in traditional
>
> Christianity are growing at a much faster clip than the Mormon
> church.   Perhaps there
> are other reasons for seeing  the Mormon church as the true church
> --   but
> I would not count a growth rate as one of them.
>
> JD
Hi JD,

BLAINE:  I usually just argue with kEVIN, once in awhile with Perry.  LOL
 I don't know you all that well, except I see you argue with Kevin a lot
too.  (:  But you are right, numbers don't always tell the whole story.
Statistics are quoted all the time to support or deride a point.  What I
was mostly talking about was authority--the burning bush type of
authority.  When we see the Shechinah, or the brilliancy of light that
marks the presence of the Lord, we know we have authority, the same kind
Moses was given.  The Prophet Joseph Smith described this phenomenon in
connection with his first vision as "a light . . . above the brightness
of the sun," and said he saw two Personages whose "brightness and glory
defy all description," standing "in the light."  For more on the
Shechinah, see the following passages:
Ex. 3:1-6;  24:16-17;
1 Kgs. 8:10-11;
Isa 6:1-3;