Here we go again ... back to the old smoke screen - "different meanings" - "enlightenment thinking".
There are different 'doctrines' of men out there Lance but God's Word says what it says as is and until you are willing to humble yourself and come to the Word of Truth to learn rather than analyze and make it fit into these "greater contexts" it will be 'to you' a closed book.  As for the rest of us "If we continue in His Word then we will be disciples who know the truth and the truth will make us free" (John 8:31) This is how He will bring us to the unity of the faith, it's not by feelings and everyone can not have 'their own truth'.  jt