I beleive that the 12th apostle, selected by the 11 to replace Judas, fulfilled the requirment of having seen Jesus face-to-face...and Paul... he met jesus face-to-face before becoming an apostle. On the road to Damascus. It is conjectured that he was personally taught by Jesus, too, after being converted.

From: Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: [TruthTalk] Apostles & Prophets
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:14:20 -0700

DAVEH: Forgive me for jumping into this discussion, DavidM & Terry. I'll change the subject line.....

Terry Clifton wrote:

I see apostles as only those who have seen Jesus face to face.

DAVEH: ??? Weren't there some Bible apostles who had not seen Jesus face to face? e.g. Barnabas

Prophets are scattered throughout the Bible as God has had need of one. Why they would be necessary in every gathering is beyond me.

DAVEH: Perhaps they would be necessary for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry until we come in the unity of faith, as Paul suggested. (Eph 4:11-14)

Terry

-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dave Hansen [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.langlitz.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you wish to receive things I find interesting, I maintain six email lists... JOKESTER, OPINIONS, LDS, STUFF, MOTORCYCLE and CLIPS.