John,

I have to agree. I otherwise might not agree, but I met a man who came with his wfe to a Bible study I was in some years ago. He was raised in a home in which his mother and father were involved in drugs from before he was born. He would go with them to make buys, and witness them use the drugs for as long as he could rememeber. He was never taught that this was wrong. so he grew up pretty much seeing this as normal, and at a very early age beginning to do the same. He was in his early 30's when I met him, and had already spent considerable time in prison for various drug related offenses.

From his testamony, and his apparent love for the Lord,, I believe that he was in the fold, but occasionally had times of relapse when he would get drawn back in to the drug culture. Last I heard he was doing hard time at Corcoran Pen. I have never stop believing that he was and still is saved continues in a state of salvation through God's grace, although he is unable to totally kick the habits he grew up with as being normal. Who knows, but what God may be using him in some way I do not understand, perhaps to reach men inside the prison walls that would not otherwise hear the gospel.

Perry

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: [TruthTalk] NIV Bible Quiz
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 02:02:00 -0400

Do you understand that I believe that "event sin" can be stop immediately but other types of sin cannot? There are addictions, character failures such as pride and selfishness that are the foundation for other sin AND are listed as sin (selfishness is a sin but it is not an event). There are sins of omission when we should be doing something and we choose not to. Some sins stop -- but others only decrease in influence. Some may never be completely gone. It is my opinion that there is absolutely no alternative to this -- that those who disagree share a much narrower definition of sin than I - and I believe I have a sound biblical argument for my point of view, not to mention the practical argument. Much of nearly every letter saved for us in the NT scriptures contains encouragement to the saints regarding the continuing battle against sin ----- letters written to those who are in the family of God.

JD