Who (other than JD) would trust his life and the life of his wife and children, to a very old car that had 15,000 repair jobs done on it; and that by persons who knew little or nothing of what they were doing; whose work was slovenly and betrayed complete incompetence to do the repairs?

Christine Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I agree, Lance, that the Lord can and does use His word in all its translations, including the NIV with its errors and sodomite commitee members. I have found
that the newest generation overwhelmingly favors the NIV translation, and when we are out preaching, many college students by my side use the translation. These
friends of mine have led people to Christ with the NIV Bible open in their lap. So, yes, God can and does use the errant translations.

But just because the Holy Spirit is able to use any translation does not mean that any and every translation retains merit. God can use evil for good, as Joseph points out in Genesis 50.

Whether or not God can use a translation doesn't clear up a translation's flaws.

Blessings!

(Man. Leave your e-mail unchecked for a weekend and the next thing you know, you've got unread e-mails up to your eye balls. :-) )

=== message truncated ===

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html