I meant as custodians of His word.
I believe we agree on God's ability to use evil
"God can draw a Straight Line with a crooked stick"!
He has a wrench for Every nut!

Christine Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Do you find that this is a Bible principle that God
> uses Heathen Pagans, Heretics especially when
> conveying His word?

Yes, I beleive God can use whatever He chooses,
including the Pagans and Heretics. God has used the UF
Pagans several times when I was preaching to draw
crowds and ask important questions. It is certainly a
Biblical princible that God can and does use evil for
His own purpose, Balaam's situation with the donkey
being a good example. Or when Joseph's brothers sold
him into slavery. That was pretty evil, and God used
it.

I think I recall in Philippians 1, where Paul speaks
of some preaching Christ in "envy and strife." Paul
just rejoices at this: "What then? notwithstanding,
every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is
preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will
rejoice." And I think I feel the same way. I do not
like the NIV, I think it is a despicable translation,
and I let my Christian brothers and sisters know why I
prefer the KJV version. But the truth is, the NIV is a
bible, and the Holy Spirit can use it. I don't like
it, but Christ is still being preached through it and
therein do I rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Blessings

=== message truncated ===

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/