CMON the proof is right before your eyes. Try closing your eyes and saying "I wish I were a bible critic" then click your heels.

Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Am getting discouraged with this JD, it is a waste of my time - I can see no relation between scripture and the other. Also why are they all in Matthew?  This is what I have found thus far - Can you find a common ground between them?

Matthew 4:4 & Wisdom 16:26

1. He answered and said, “it is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeded out of the mouth of God” (spoken to the devil)

2. So that your children, whom you loved, O Lord, might learn that it is not the production of crops that feeds humankind but that your word sustains those who trust in you.

Matthew 4:15 & 1 Maccabees 5:15

1. The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles; (ppl in darkness seeing a great light)

2. They said that the people of Ptolemais and Tyre and Sidon, and all Galilee of the Gentiles had gathered together against them to annihilate us.

Matthew 5:18 & Baruch 4:1

1. For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

2. She is the book of the commandments of God, the law that endures forever. All who hold her fast will live, and those who forsake her will die.

Matthew 5:28 & Sirach 9:8

1. But I say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

2. Turn away your eyes from a shapely woman, and do not gaze at beauty belonging to another; many have been seduced by a woman’s beauty, and by it passion is kindled like a fire.

Matthew 5:2ss & Sirach 25:7-12

1. And he opened his mouth and taught them saying: (Sermon on the Mount).

2. I can think of nine whom I would call blessed and a tenth my tongue proclaims: A man who can rejoice in his children; a man who lives to see the downfall of his foes. Happy the man who lives with a sensible wife, and the one who does not plow with ox and ass together. Happy is the one who does not sin with the tongue, and the one who has not served an inferior. Happy is the one who finds a friend, and the one who speaks to attentive listeners. How great is the one who finds wisdom! But none is superior to the one who fears the Lord. Fear of the Lord surpasses everything; to whom can we compare the one who has it?