On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:47:25 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Judy  -  if I didn't know better, I'd say that you believe in words and I believe in THE Spirit !!!
I certainly do not equate the words of Christ with God The Spirit, that is for sure.

They work in sync John.  Where there is no Word the Spirit has nothing to work with; too many
words of men and no Spirit is a "dead letter" - Jesus called His Words Spirit and Life, why
don't you believe Him? Roman 2 makes it clear that we are no long judged by the Law, but by the Spirit.  The law is "the letter."   written on tablest of stone and (of course) parchment/papyri.  The Law is a set of words.    The Spirit is a living "breathing" relaity (so we beleive) that is no less than Goed Himself !!    In Romans 2:29  --  these two concepts, the non-living Law of God and the Spirit are contrasted.    I take the word "law" and impose this definition:   that by whihc we are judged.  Before the incarnation,  the written Law of God was that by which we were judged.   Now, after the incarnation, the law of the Spirit  (the rule of the Spirit) is that by which we are judged.   There is much that is used by the Spirit IN ADDITION to the written message.

Meats and the reproof of the world?   Judy, In I Cor 8:1-3 you have a problematic  circumstance
AND a principle that solves the problem.   The principle????

What do you read as the "problematic circunstance" here JD?   In  1Cor 8:1-3, it is the insistence by some of the brotherhood that their knowing  (these were those who did not have meat issues) was the final word and was to be considered as more important than the relationship we have in Christ via "love" and  --   implied  --  their relationship with the brother who beleives there to be more than one God.   That MUST BE and is the issue here in I Co 8.   that is why Paul invokes the principle of limited knowing verse relational love.

That knowledge puffs up -- that when we think we know something, we do not yet know it as we
ought.   Now,  if you do not care to include that principle in your theology, fine. But it should be there.

ATST we are not supposed to be ignorant JD.  God does not bless ignorance - so how do
you reconcile the two in your own life?  What in your words is this principle?   If we think we know something, we do not know it as we ought but if we love God, we ARE KNOWN BY HIM.   That is how I justify those extremely rare occasion when I am actually mistaken about something  --   I realy on my love for God and His promise to love me in return   (but, of course,   "He started it!!")

JD

 Meats and this principle are two very different things.   JD

From: Judy Taylor <jandgtaylor1@juno.com>
His (Jesus) Words are Spirit and they are Life John and they are far reaching including those who will believe through
the words of His disciples as well. So putting Jesus in a box is not contextual fact nor is it spiritual reality.  Tell me
what eating meat offered to idols has to do with the Holy Spirit being sent to reprove the world of sin, righteousness,
and judgment?  jt