Beginning with verse 18,  everywhere in this passage, Judy, Paul is presenting a circumstance that is of one's own doing  AND, in some ways, common to all of us (R 2:1).   That inward "pull" of God is gone  ("God gave them up" to their own influences).  A person who is truly "demon possessed" is one who requires an exorcist.  Romans chapters 1-7 is all about man's inhumanity to himself and God's gracious intervention.  Demon possession is nowhere implied (IMO).

Jd

-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Taylor <jandgtaylor1@juno.com>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Cc: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:03:32 -0400
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Adam - sin - and the rest of us

What do you call those in Romans 1 who were holding the truth in unrighteousness and
who God gave over to a reprobate mind to act in ways that are filthy and unclean? These
ppl once had the truth.  Also those being led away by their own lusts must have at one time
been in a place they could be led away from.  How demonized must they be to meet
your standard JD?  Then we should ask ourselves if your standard is the same as Gods.