Thanks for your response.   It may be of some help to someone  -  but ,  in my case, your response really misses the point of my  concerns............... actually I just re-read your post.  It COMPLETELY misses the point of my concern.

Help anyone ?

Jd

-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Taylor <jandgtaylor1@juno.com>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Cc: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:54:45 -0400
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] The Fall

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:56:58 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
It is funny to see just how far you and Judy will go to avoid giving a specific answer to most questions presented to you.

What is the purpose for your pursuit of these "specific answers" from Kevin and myself JD?  Isn't scripture specific
enough for you?

No point in pursuing the pointless.  Anyone care to have a real discussion  ???  I am still working on the "fall" of man.   Man is created out of the dust of the earth and returns to same when he dies.  He was created as a mortal  -  thus the tree of life is found in the garden.   I assume they ate of that tree up until the time they sinned or there was no point to the tree being there except for the story teller to reveal that A&E were driven from the garden because of the tree and what it offered.

Well JD we've parted ways already.  You think it's a story.  I think it is the Word of God.  You apparently think the tree had literal fruit on it.  I believe the fruit was a certain kind of wisdom and that the serpent presented fruit from the other tree.

The accounting of their temptation-to-sin reflects the very same process as exists in our lives.

Sure it does and it happens every day right here on TT when the same old voice whispers "hath God said?"

There is no indication within the text that their nature or essence changed.

Of course there is .. death which is something they had never known entered the idyllic picture and they died the day they ate... that day. So how do you wrap your logic around that?

So why should I conclude that the fall included more than the record of the first sin event.

The soul that sinneth it shall die.  The one who lives in and for pleasure is dead while they live; it's the language of
scripture JD.  God wrote it by His Spirit and his ways and thoughts are both higher than ours and Aristotles.

Virtually everyone I know and respect thinks there is more to the fall than the sin event.   Why?

Are you going to BSF this year JD?  The subject is Genesis and we had our first meeting of the year today which was soo good.  They state very clearly that the Word of God is unchanging whereas Science is constantly changing; an
excellent point.

I get a little nervous when I realize that I am the only one who thinks a particular thing.   Help.  JD