DEan  -  what are doing in your comments below?   Have you forgotten the point I was trying to make.   I suggest to you that, in deed, you have lost track of what I was doing.     You explain to me what I already know.   Here are your words  :   "I summit to you that this is a attempt of Jesus to increase the faith of the disciples and instruct them as to the ability of faith in its fullest extent of being able to move a mountain. And some people do pray in their closets and publicly-both are required."   My point is this  -   why do you take parts of the Sermon and insist upon a teaching having the force of law  (i.e. divorce and remarriage comments)   but do not do the same with nearly half of the remaining Sermon as illustrated with your comments above?    I do not believe that we have the right to pick and choose  within the Sermon anymore than we have the right to pick and ch oose which books we will accept .   I know that I am considered to be "just plain stupid" for expecting others to have rules for interpretive decisions that extend beyond mere subjectivity but      simply put   --   what are the rules I can use to determine the difference between a command statement and a good piece of advice or cultural observation/solution?
Jd

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Moore <cd_moore@earthlink.net>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 15:57:28 -0500
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Christ and the Law

cd: Added below.

----- Original Message -----
From: Dean Moore
Sent: 11/12/2005 3:51:51 PM

Sent: 11/12/2005 3:21:39 PM

So he was just talking to hear his head rattle --  or maybe he was just kidding around, or maybe he was being just a tad bit arrogant since he could do these things, himself,   maybe he just spoke in a riddle  -  with no one really able to get the message excepted for the enlightened ones?   Your   explanation humanizes the Message of Christ on these matters and has little to do understanding or explaining what He was actually trying to accomplish with such talk.

JD
cd: OK John an explanation is in order-While preaching on the streets I often receive the sarcastic remark of "If you have faith then walk on water"-to which I reply "I do every time it rains" As concerning moving mountains who has ever done this in history? Yet there were many great men of God -Did Paul move mountains? Here are two possible explanations of this passage (1)I summit that this is making a reference to a mountain of sin being removed as we lead others to Christ.(2) I summit to you that this is a attempt of Jesus to increase the faith of the disciples and instruct them as to the ability of faith in its fullest extent of being able to move a mountain. And some people do pray in their closets and publicly-both are required.
cd: I also think it should be added that due to many people trying to move mountains thru prayer and none have succeeded- God does intend the mountains to stay where he put them. This doesn't hold that he won't change his mind for you.If we could move the little one beside my house I would have a better view-care to try?