LOL! Welcome back, Sister. iz

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Judy Taylor
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 1:05 AM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Cc: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Moses sees god's face and lives in the PoGP!

Was Moses Mooned DaveH?  Now I've heard everything..........judyt

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:53:42 -0800 Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Of course in your view it MUST be His person to fit LDS doctrine

If it was his Physical Form that passed by Pray Tell, what exactly did Moses see when he saw God's Back Parts?

DAVEH:   Yes Kevin, I must view it from my LDS perspective.  What I don't understand is why you don't also view it in a similar way, since the Bible says.......

[23] And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

.........What am I missing here, Kevin?  It seems like a very plain and straight forward passage that explains that God wanted Moses to see the back parts of his body.  Do you disagree???  Either Moses saw God's back parts, or he didn't.  The Bible says that he would see them.  I believe he did.  Are you really saying he didn't???    Rather than play word games, Kevin....just answer it plainly and simply.  YES Moses did see God's back parts........or.......NO, Moses did not see God's back parts.  Which do you believe, Kevin???

Kevin Deegan wrote:

It is just as written:

EX 3313 show me now thy way

EX 33:19 I will make all my goodness pass before thee

EX 33:18 show me thy glory

EX 33:22 while my glory passeth by

Moses asked to see His Glory not His person

And God said I will show you my GOODNESS not His person

Of course in your view it MUST be His person to fit LDS doctrine

If it was his Physical Form that passed by Pray Tell, what exactly did Moses see when he saw God's Back Parts?

In addition Moses asked "show me now thy way" Ex 33:13

What part of His body is associated with His way?

What Bo dy part is His Goodness? What part is His Glory?

AND WHY did God say "I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee" ?

Why did God, not say I will declare MY name before thee??????

Moses said EX 33 show me thy glory....

God said:  I will make all my goodness pass before thee & my glory passeth by

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

PS 97:6 The heavens decl are his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.

PS 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

DAVEH:   Do you deny that Moses saw God, Kevin?

Kevin Deegan wrote:

Moses said EX 33 show me thy glory....And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:31And God saw every thing that h e had made, and, behold, it was very good.

PS 97:6 The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.

PS 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Moses was an eyewitness of God's glory

Charles Perry Locke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dave,

Simply put, in Moses 1:2, PoGP, if Moses did not see god's "face" (as "face"
described in Exodus on Mt. Sainai, upon which God said no man could look and
live), then the statement about him enduring it is unnecessary , because we
know that men can gaze upon whatever form god chooses to present himself,
and endure, except whatever he called his "face" on Sainai. The implication
in Moses 1:2 is that Moses should not have endured viewing God, but did,
thus, that he was seeing god's "face". If moses did not see god's face in
Moses 1:2, then enduring that feat was no big deal for moses...hardly worth
being called out. On the other hand, if he was seeing god's face in Moses
1:2 and endured it, then Moses 1:2 is contradicting scripture.

Furthermore, if god were a man, why would he not appear as a man every time
he presents himself? Why a different form every time, but never directly as
a man? The use of body parts to describe his image on Sinai is not
unreasonable since these are certainly the terms Moses was familiar with,
and the ones he obviously chose to describe the experience.

As far as "similitude", it does not mean an exact replica , or the thing
itself. Furthermore, it refers directly to whatever form is present. If god
shows himself as a burning bush, then his similitude is as a burning bush.

Besides, if the Torah is attributed to Moses, why would he have to write
another book, repeating, and with contradiction, the Torah?

I am done with this topic. I have stated my position. Fini. We are not
destined to agree, and that is okay with me. Get you last shot in, then...

on to my second question...how the mormon god, who is "without beginning of
days" is also a created being, thus, with a finite beginning.

Perry

--   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Dave Hansen  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.langlitz.com  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  If you wish to receive  things I find interesting,  I maintain six email lists...  JOKESTER, OPINIONS, LDS,  STUFF, MOTORCYCLE and CLIPS.

http://mail.yahoo.com

--
Dave Hansen