IFO could read more than a little 'woman bashing' herein, David/Dean. I don't believe that either of the two of you would as, IMO, you both adopt a more traditionalist understanding of the role of men/women..husbands/wives.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dean Moore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org>
Sent: February 12, 2006 08:05
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Fem. God- Dave H. get bathing suit.

Thank you David for this.

[Original Message]
From: David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org>
Date: 2/11/2006 9:37:40 PM

Lance wrote:
> And do you not know that you are an Eve?
> The sentence of God on this sex of yours lives
> in this age: the guilt must of necessity live too.
> You are the devil's gateway: you are the unsealer
> of that tree: you are the first deserter of the divine
> law: you are she who persuaded him whom the
> devil was not valiant enough to attack. You
> destroyed so easily God's image, man. On account
> of your desert - that is, death - even the Son of God
> had to die. ~ Tertullian, Second Century

The context of this is from a paragraph about modesty in apparel becoming
women.  The quote stops short in that some sentences later, he concludes
this train of thought by saying:
"Accordingly these things are all the baggage of woman in her condemned
and
dead state, instituted as if to swell the pomp of her funeral."

So he was not denigrating women here.  He was establishing some
historical
guidelines, expounding upon the judgment of God toward the woman which
said,
"In pains and in anxieties dost thou bear (children), woman; and toward
thine husband (is) thy inclination, and he lords It over thee."
Tertullian
quoted this passage just before the quote given by Debbie above.
Tertullian
then goes on, based upon the writings of Enoch (which he holds to be
Scripture but recognizes that the Jews did not because they did not think
such writings could survive the flood, but Tertullian believed Noah,
Enoch's
great grandson, to have taken it with him in the ark), to argue that
women
who wear mascara and jewelry and fine ornaments were taught this by the
angels that had sinned and come down and married women.  He points out
that
these same angels are the angels that we will judge, and if we will judge
them, what is it that women have to do with these things they brought to
us,
being consumed with putting on makeup on their face, or coloring their
hair,
or wearing fine jewelry.  He points out that these are things of the
earth
and nothing that women of God ought to be concerned with.  Then he points
out that the promise of judging these angels also is given to women;
therefore, they ought not be involved with these things that were
dishonoring to the Creator.  Tertullian writes:

"For you too, (women as you are,) have the selfsame angelic nature
promised
as your reward, the selfsame sex as men: the selfsame advancement to the
dignity of judging, does (the Lord) promise you."

Such a statement is along the lines of there being no male or female in
the
eyes of God.  It is an empowering statement, that women will be made
judges
of angels on an equal level with men, so the quote taken out of context
make Tertullian look like a woman basher is erroneous.  Debbie would be
wise
to hear the end of his conversation.