----- Original Message -----
Sent: March 13, 2006 21:49
Subject: RE: Fw: [TruthTalk] Joanna Williams - friend of some 10 years speaks on believing teens

Okay okay..so I guess I deserved that feedback...I didn't really clarify really well where that conversation about Job went.  No, nothing miraculous happened in front of me.  My friend's boyfriend did not suddenly repent of his intimacy outside the boundaries of an official wedding ceremony.  I phrase it that way because that is exactly what getting married has become to some in the church.  It is just making it right on the outside when really there are awful problems inside the marriage that are never really discussed.  Whereas those who have been hurt by past relationships and are scared to tie the knot again...so they live committed to each other but scared to trust in an actual marriage relationship again and so they never take the plunge.  Could it be that this may be more honest in the end?  Anyhow...I just put that out for consideration.  Once again, I feel one must look beyond surface actions into the depth of  a person's heart and motives.  Back to my sipping coffee with sinners....I was not looking for any miraculous change...I think some of you are disappointed at that.  I'm not.  I don't look for that  and I certainly do not condition my friendships on response.  Friendship and conversation should be unconditional.  Sound familiar...?  Jesus was like that.  And somehow in the midst of our conversations and being open and honest with each other...could there be the start of redemption?  How do we know what my friend walked away thinking after that afternoon?  By the way, did I tell you that I left him with a couple of bibles for him and his son who is from his first marriage who was visiting..and some cd's...and that we are to continue this discourse at some point!?  Maybe I should also mention a conversation I had last night with my pregnant teenager friend who I mentioned earlier as well.  She called me late last night much to my annoyance since I had had a crazy day and was not up to much conversation anymore.  We had just finished our official young adult meeting at church and she was calling me to say that she wanted to let me know that she has made a decision not to be intimate with her boyfriend anymore.  I was floored.  It is the very thing I was praying for however I never made mention of it to her.  These were just my prayers and hopes for her.  She went on to tell me how she had let her boyfriend know about that and then she started crying because she said she was so scared she would lose him.  She's pregnant and she's 17 and she's scared of being alone.  Instead, her boyfriend ended up telling her how much he loved her and respected her for her decision and has decided to get baptized along with her...They willl both be taking classes towards this event which takes place on Easter Sunday.  Please pray with me for them.  Her boyfriend has been coming to our young adult group as well.  And what a testimony...when I dropped them all home.  He walked her to the door of her house, kissed her goodbye and got back in the car with me and I dropped him home.  This is how it will be with them until they get married...which they are hoping to do soon.  I hope you will pray for them.  Please note that I said nothing...just loved and had apparently meaningless conversations about Job and other such wonderful people in the Bible while sipping coffee.  I hope some of you will take the time to walk with people on their rough and difficult journey through life.  Well, I'm off...I have an early morning flight to New Orleans and I sure am hoping to run into many more wonderful people and great conversations which will end in who knows what kind of amazing committments down the road somewhere...Do we believe this??  Jesus changes lives..in His time and His way.  What an awesome relief to know that I just have to walk alongside those He puts my way and He'll do the rest!  Thank you for listening!

Joanna