On 2018-01-17 13:34, 'Richard Martin' via tryton-contrib wrote:
> > Why not using the generic import wizard of the module account_statement?
>
> As we see the generic import wizard is supposed to be used with files
> (with CODA-filter). We need a filter for 'mt940'.

B2CK has written a library to parse mt940: https://mt940.b2ck.com/
And I'm pretty sure, soon we will have to submit a module
account_statement_mt940.

> So we would have to make changes to the generic wizard. We didn't want
> to do that. So we compromised on building a new wizard.

But the wizard is there to receive extension to support any statement
format.

> If you have a hint for an elegant way to combine our import and filter
> with the generic wizard (and still keeping its existing
> functionality), we would be happy.

The only issue, I see, is to get the file on the wizard when it was
downloaded on the server-side. I see two options:

    - have a new model that store the file and run the wizard on it
      (which will make it use the file automatically)

    - have an option on the wizard start that adds a transition which
      download the file

I think the first option can be a standard solution implemented in
account_statement.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com