Next thing we'll need in our localization is being able to assign payment
types to parties, sales and purchase orders, invoices, and account move lines.

A payment type defines how an invoice is going to be paid. Some examples can
be: credit card, bank transfer or cheque.

>From this information we will later need to be able to define payment orders
which will simply group several payments (of different parties) into a single
document (account.payment.order). Those, eventually can generate a text file
that can be sent to the bank (that format is very country-specific).

What I envision is the first set of modules:

* account_payment_type: Depends on account_invoice and adds the module
account.payment.type which just has a translatable field "name". It also adds
two properties to parties: customer_payment_type and supplier_payment_type.
payment_type field is also added to account.invoice and account.move.line.

* sale_payment_type: Adds a payment_type field to sale orders. The value is
moved to invoices.

* purchase_payment_type: Adds a payment_type field to purchase orders. The
value is moved to invoices.

* account_payment_order: Implements account.payment.order, to be discussed in
another e-mail.

So the question is: do other countries need similar features and have some
specific requirements? Do you think account.payment.order should go to its own
module or better moved into account_payment_type?

--
Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com

http://twitter.com/albertnan