On 18/12/11 18:08 +0100, Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> I think a separate repository makes sense when you need lots of reports but
> for one or two is not a very good option either. Apart from that, in fact,
> the
> main reson for porting JasperReports to Tryton is that we also had some
> performance problems with large reports (not analysis ones) that can require
> more than a thousand pages for which relatorio and LibreOffice are not fast
> enough. These are official ones that must be brought to the administration
> and a
> book is created each year.

I guess you are talking about GL which was already discuss in
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/tryton-dev/0IOcfGdwJrM/discussion

I think we must find a generic solution for such accounting reports but
I don't think depending on such external project like JasperReports will
be good for Tryton.

We should also define what is an acceptable format because having such
big PDF (or ODT) file are not really useful. I find csv or plain text
more logical.

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL