On 02/06, Sergi Almacellas Abellana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As a PoC i just added flake8 check to tox [1] on one of my personal
> projects. The output is available on drone [2].
>
> I tought it my be interesting to have this check also on all tryton modules.
> What do you think? .

We at Openlabs have been using this for our modules since 2 years.
Having a check on Flake8 brings consistency to the codebase and makes it
easier for new contributors to understand the coding standards expected
instead of a human doing it.

> Also this will allow to deprecate reviewbot once all codereviews are tested
> on drone.
Having flake8 tests on CI is certainly better than having it on the review tool.

> I also managed to run coverage to ensure that module coverage is over a
> specific % (75% on my case, but can be customized per module). Patch is
> here[3] (and here[4] is run by default). The output is also available on
> drone [5]. Do you think this is also interesting to add?

Coverage % could be a vanity metric but we have been trying to achieve
100% coverage for critical modules and a significantly high coverage
for others. This has certainly improved the quality of the code and if
the tests are written well (not just for the sake of coverage) there are
hardly any maintenance issues.

Thanks & Regards

Sharoon Thomas