On 30 Apr 13:54, Cédric Krier wrote:
> On 30 Apr 04:33, Axel Braun wrote:

> > > of a
> > > from
> > > and

> > > (as

> > > warehouse.

> > > you
> > > batch-managed,
> > > interest.
> > >
> > > I think you don't correctly understand what is the "average" cost
> > > method. Because the timing of event is very important.
> > > It is wrong to add the landed cost to the average cost of a product if
> > > the *real* product on which this landed cost applies is no more in the
> > > warehouse (and we don't care about just the quantity but the *exact*
> > > product).
> > >

> > What is the 'real product'? As explained, as long as you are not working
> > with batches it is irrelevant if the product for which the subsequent
> > charge applies is in the warehouse, as long as the overall quantity is OK.
> > Thinking about it, even with batches it is irrelevant, as the valuation
> > level is probably on material, not on batch level.
> >

> > > Example:
> > >
> > >     - I buy 10 products @ 10€
> > >     - I buy 10 products @ 12€
> > >     - current average cost: 11€
> > >     - I sale 10 products
> > >     - current average cost: 11€
> > >     - I book landed cost for the first purchase: 1€
> > >     - current average cost: 11.5€ (not 12€)

- I book landed cost for the second purchase: 2€
- current average cost: 12.5€ (not 14€)

> > Wrong. You just have 10 in stock, not 20. Additionally, in your calculation
>
> So we are talking the same language, I even don't know in which case
> you are talking (perperutal inventory or not, continental or
> anglo-saxon).
>
> I highly disagree with what you are saying.
> Here is the defintion of the cost price:
>
>     It is the cost to pay to remake your stock.
>
> The cost are clearly identify on which products they apply. It makes no
> sense to put all the cost on the last purchase. Otherwise the cost price
> will not have the correct meaning.

What makes your statement even less correct, is that your cost price
computation will depend on the time at which the landed cost is booked.
While my way of doing doesn't depend on the order:

    - buy 10 products @ 10€
    - cost price: 10€
    - book landed cost: 1€
    - cost price: 11€