From: Joe Touch [to...@isi.edu]
Sent: 06 July 2013 08:03
To: Wood L  Dr (Electronic Eng)
Cc: <swm...@swm.pp.se>; <tsv-area@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: Draft agenda for the IETF-87 TSV Area meeting uploaded

On Jul 6, 2013, at 12:15 PM, <l.w...@surrey.ac.uk> wrote:

> First deploy, then tell the IETF about it, and let the IETF put the
> documentation into
> the preferred 1970s ASCII format.

Unless drone revoked RFC 2780, that's the wrong sequence.  First develop and
test, then tell the IETF in a standards- track RFC, then get that RFC approved,
then get a transport number, then deploy.

I don't mind general info about stuff in the area meetings, but feedback
requires participation, which requires a draft. And deployment of transports
requires approved standards to get assigned numbers.

Joe