AFAIK "JDE" is general term meaning, as Rafal guessed, "Java
Development Environment', so I think it means the same as Java IDE.
Question still remains - what IDE (JDE?) + Emacs makes this great
combination ? JDPA (if so, than what is it ?, where can it be found ?) ?
My personal choice is Emacs + ANT in Makefile (bound to F5 key - good ol'
Borlan' TVision style ;). It's fast, it has syntax highlight, it has
RegExps and beautiful, not found anywhere else feature - <ALT>+</> ;)
Everything that makes programmer/coder happy.
        Has someone else his favorite combination ? (Not meaning to
provoke Editor/IDE/JVM war ;)
                                Scooter.