Friday is OK for me, but I'd prefer not to go too late in this
time zone.  Can we do this from 8.00 to 10.00 am PDT?

  Simon

Jeremy Boynes wrote:

Kenneth Tam wrote:

I am very interested in this, but the short notice also concerns me.
Can we push this out to at least the end of the week (say Friday?) or
sometime next week so that more people on the list get a chance to
find out about it and fit it into their schedules?

Friday would work for me too.

Also, Jim & Jeremy -- if you guys have anything in the way of
explanatory material that you could circulate on the list/wiki before
the presentation, I think that would be very useful.. certainly I
could use a little more context to help with my own browsing.

I think the key area from a conceptal side would be the SPI module. In
M1, the interfaces and implementation were mixed together in the core
module and we refactored this to move all the interfaces and base
classes into spi with just the implementation in core. A typical
container or binding extension should be able to depend just on SPI and
not need the core (unless it decides to).

The intention is that all the SPI classes should have JavaDoc that
clearly explains what they are for - we may not be there yet, but that's
the goal. Any questions on them would be good so that it can be fed back
into code.

--
Jeremy

Simon C Nash   IBM Distinguished Engineer
Hursley Park, Winchester, UK   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel. +44-1962-815156   Fax +44-1962-818999