Basically, when it's done :-) Having said that, see below for the estimates I would make for the separate stages. If they are anywhere near accurate then I think we're looking towards the end of September (which seems like a good time just before ApacheCon).

By publish, I mean having a stable but unreleased artifact in the snapshot maven repo.
--
Jeremy