We are trying to get the auto-gererated keys after the invocation of the
SQLPrepare function of ODBC API. For example, the SQLPrepare is called with
an insertion statement "INSERT INTO table1 values(?, ?, ?)". The odbc must
send this statement to the DBMS, the DBMS compile it and waits for the
parameters and its execution.

However there are some DBMSs that auto-generates the primary keys and is
capable to retrieve the auto-generated PKs right after the statement
compilation and before its execution. It's exactly what we're trying to do,
to retrieve the auto-generated PKs before the statement execution.

I wonder if it has something to do with the IPD(Implementation Parameter
Descriptor) that I found in ODBC API: SQL_ATTR_AUTO_IPD.

Adriano Crestani

On 1/1/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Luciano Resende wrote:
> Hi
>
>   I'm trying to work with Adriano Crestani in a C++ version of DAS and
we
> are trying to figure out how to get access to the generated keys after
> the
> execution of a prepared statement. Would you guys, the C++ experts, be
> able
> to give us some pointers/references or examples ?

Luciano,

I'll be happy to help but I'll need a little more context :) generated
keys? a prepared statement? hmm what about starting with an overview of
what you're trying to do? which database? version? operating system?
what kind of examples are you looking for?

Thanks