I think it may not be completely clear to everyone yet why this code does
not have to follow the IP clearance process as described at:
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

From that link it doesn't seem completely clear when you need to follow the
IP clearance process or when a code attached to a JIRA can be treated just
as any other patch from a community member. Is the question whether or not
these two classes "represents a substantial contribution"?

  ...ant