From: Simon Laws [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:22 PM
To: tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: A question of federation - was: Planning kernel release 2.0

On 3/22/07, Meeraj Kunnumpurath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that the SPI is getting stable and we have the initial end-to-end
> story for federation working, I would suggest we plan for the final
> release for kernel 2.0, with emphasis on federation and user
experience.
> I was thinking about aiming for a beta in June in time for TSSJS
> Barcelona and the final release for August. Maybe we can have couple
> of alpha releases from now and June as well. These are the features, I

> would like to see in 2.0.
>
> 1. Tidy up anything required in physical model, now that it is
> starting to take good shape.
> 2. Tidy up generators from logical to physical model.
> 3. Fix the JXTA discovery issues, also investigate other discovery
> protocols.
> 4. Federation end-to-end fully completed, this would include, maybe,
> profiles advertising their capabilities and the information being used

> in intent-based autowiring etc.
> 5. Intent-based auto wiring
> 6. Emphasis on end user experience in terms of ease of use.
> 7. Assembly service, this kind of now related to the generators that
> have been introduced in the last week or so 8. Artifact management,
> especially mobile code when we target components to remote profiles.
>
> Also, now the SPI has started settling in, we need to start looking at

> binding and container extensions as well. Some of the bindings I would

> be interested in are,
>
> 1. JMS
> 2. AMQP
> 3. Hessian
>
> Ta
> Meeraj

>     You can find us at www.voca.com

> This communication is confidential and intended for the exclusive use
> of the addressee only. You should not disclose its contents to any
> other person.
> If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender named
> above immediately.
>
> Registered in England, No 1023742,
> Registered Office: Voca Limited
> Drake House, Three Rivers Court,
> Homestead Road, Rickmansworth,
> Hertfordshire, WD3 1FX. United Kingdom
>
> VAT No. 226 6112 87
>

> This message has been checked for all email viruses by MessageLabs.

> Hi Meeraj

From my perspective having demonstrable code in June would be spot on as
I have to speak on SCA then and would consider a demo if we could do it.

I don't have the knowledge yet to comment on the details of your
proposal just yet (hence the new subject) but a question. From a future
demo point of view I would like to show various runtime options some of
which are not federated  examples some of which are. Can I miss out the
federation bit if I want to? For example, I would potentially like to
show a variety of scenarios

- Hello world. the simplest possible single process example to get
people into how SCA works
- Standalone domain (a single VM)
     service provision (perhaps an AJAX style example where an SCA
composite provides services to the browser)
     service consumption (backend service access providing content to my
AJAX service)
- Federated domain (multiple VM)
     How SCA describes many connected composites.

I'm just starting now to look at how all the kernel stuff works so I
expect all this will become clear soon enough (I found your previous
posts giving explantion b.t.w - so am starting from there)

Regards

Simon