On Mar 22, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Simon Laws wrote:
Jeremy. This sounds like a simpler approach than what is there now. I like
the idea but a question.

1) move everything that does not logical depend on
org.apache.tuscany:sca:1.0-incubating to contrib

from your previous definition do you mean those things that are not
considered to be independent. Or do you mean things that could be
independent but just aren't packaged that way now. I assume that you mean the latter as your next point is to go ahead and make them independent.

Yes things aren't really independent due to the intermediate poms in the physical directory tree.

Also is the global parent version 1.0-incubating or 1.0-incubating- SNAPSHOT. I note that now you have it without SNAPSHOT but its children with SNAPSHOT. Are you just saying that the global parent doesn't get packaged/ released
per-se SNAPSHOT or not.

This is the pom defined in the tag here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/pom/ sca/1.0-incubating

which is a stable artifact - one we have voted to release but are waiting for the IPMC to approve. It will not move.

[[ BIG NAG TO OUR MENTORS, PLEASE CAN YOU HELP BY VOTING ON THIS THREAD]] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/ 200703.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The things in trunk are not stable and so have a SNAPSHOT version.
--
Jeremy