Jeremy,

I'd like to see some progress on the community front! Let's see this
approach agreed upon and fleshed out a bit more.

thanks,
dims

On 3/22/07, Jeremy Boynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mar 22, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Simon Laws wrote:
> Jeremy. This sounds like a simpler approach than what is there now.
> I like
> the idea but a question.
>
> 1) move everything that does not logical depend on
> org.apache.tuscany:sca:1.0-incubating to contrib
>
> from your previous definition do you mean those things that are not
> considered to be independent. Or do you mean things that could be
> independent but just aren't packaged that way now. I assume that
> you mean
> the latter as your next point is to go ahead and make them
> independent.

Yes things aren't really independent due to the intermediate poms in
the physical directory tree.

> Also is the global parent version 1.0-incubating or 1.0-incubating-
> SNAPSHOT.
> I note that now you have it without SNAPSHOT but its children with
> SNAPSHOT.
> Are you just saying that the global parent doesn't get packaged/
> released
> per-se SNAPSHOT or not.

This is the pom defined in the tag here:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/pom/
sca/1.0-incubating

which is a stable artifact - one we have voted to release but are
waiting for the IPMC to approve. It will not move.

[[ BIG NAG TO OUR MENTORS, PLEASE CAN YOU HELP BY VOTING ON THIS
THREAD]]
   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/
200703.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The things in trunk are not stable and so have a SNAPSHOT version.
--
Jeremy