On 8/14/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ant elder wrote:

> >> these are key to understanding Tuscany...

> >> jar's.  I think keeping the footprint as little as possible is
> important,
> >> both in terms of optics and managing the complexity and understanding.

> >> +1 to keep the samples as simple SCA contribution JARs.
> >>
> >> The current webapp packaging is not quite right anyway as it's
> >> introducing a half baked mix of J2EE and SCA programming model inside
> >> the webapp.
> >>
> >> I'd suggest the following:
> >>
> >> - Package SCA sample components as simple SCA contribution JARs, stay
> >> away from webapps.
> >>
> >> - To allow JSP and servlets to invoke SCA service component, support
> >> <implementation.web> Web components as described in [1].
> >>
> >> [1] http://www.osoa.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3980
> >>

> > (now back on the dev list)
> >
> > Just to make sure I understand, as an example right now we have
> > sample-helloworld-ws-service and sample-helloworld-ws-service-webapp, do
> we
> > just delete the -webapp one?
>
> Yes
>
> > And then you can use the jar built by the
> > sample-helloworld-ws-service with either the the Geronimo/Tuscany
> > integration or our webapp runtime or with the standalone runtime we
> already
> > use it with today?
> >
> > That sounds like the way to go to me but that seems like quite a big
> change,
> > do we want to try to get this done in time for the upcoming release or
> wait
> > till after that and just make the changes for 1.0?
> >
> >    ...ant
> >

> I prefer to do it now. I'm not quite sure why it's a big change?
>
> Isn't it just about deleting Maven modules? we have equivalent samples
> already working with the standalone runtime right?
>
> Is the Geronimo integration ready to be included in the the release?
>
> --
> Jean-Sebastien

I also think sooner would be better so happy to help go for it.

The list of current webapps is:

demo-alert-aggregator
demo-mortgage-creditcheck
sample-calculator-webapp
sample-chat-webapp
sample-helloworld-dojo
sample-helloworld-jsonrpc
sample-helloworld-ws-sdo-webapp
sample-helloworld-ws-service-webapp

Not sure we do have equivalent non-webapp samples for all those, i'll have a
go at and seeing if they all those sample- ones run ok out side of a
webapp.

   ..ant