Raymond Feng wrote:

I'd quite like to see some transformation going on , i.e. something like an implementation.xslt. Isn't Saxon also an XSLT processor so can we already do
this?

The XSLT is already in the JDK (javax.xml.transform or TrAX). Apache Xalan is one of the implementations. It would be nice to support <implementation.xslt>.

There could be something mappings between XSLT and SCA. The implementation.xslt could have a fixed operation to transform the XML inforset such as:

Node transform(Node ...);

We can also map XSLT functions to be SCA services. Top-level <xsl:param> might be used as SCA properties. Injecting of SCA references will be interesting too.

We already have XQuery support. Can't we do the same kind of transformation (and more readable) with XQuery?