ApacheCon Europe is coming up, 7th to 11th of April 2008 [1],  and the
deadline for submission of abstracts is coming up fast, on 26th of
this month.

What should we aim to do here?

The options seem to be

(60 minutes) Multi-person panel discussion
(60 minutes) Normal presentation
Intensive topical training (full-day)
Intensive topical training (half-day)
Intensive topical training (two-day)

My guess is that we should submit for a 60 minute presentation,  but
should we go for a tutorial session as well?

I'm happy to coordinate,  and although presenting on SCA would take me
a little out of my comfort zone, I would welcome the chance to do so.

As a possible starting point for thinking about this I was looking at
Simon Laws' abstract and presentation for the recent JavaZone
conference [2], [3].  What would we want to update or emphasize
differently from this?  In the short term we just need to get an
abstract together and think about who will do the presentation.

Regards, Kelvin.

[1] http://www.eu.apachecon.com/
[2] http://www4.java.no/web/show.do?page=92&articleid=5343
[3]