Haleh, the abstract looks good.

Kelvin, I would be happy to join you if you want to do the
multi-presenter.

________________________________

From: haleh mahbod [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 1:08 PM
To: tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: ApacheCon Europe 2008

How about the following. The talk is in April and by then there might be
other releases beyond release 1.0 which is emphasized in the original
text.

An update on Apache Tuscany project- Building SOA solutions is easy

Apache Tuscany provides an open-source services infrastructure for
constructing SOA solutions from heterogeneous and distributed
services. This talk will focus on Apache Tuscany's implementation of
Service Component Architecture which is based on V1.0 specification that
is now
under OASIS for standardization. In addition, the talk will cover Apache
Tuscany
added extensions such as web 2.0, scripting, distribution and
multi-language support as well as integration with other Apache projects
such as ODE and Geronimo.
Some of the interesting topics that are under discussion in Apache
Tuscany will be highlighted.

The talk will be complemented with a demo to demonstrate how easy it is
to use Apache Tuscany to develop SOA solutions.

On 10/11/07, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        On 10/9/07, kelvin goodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        > ApacheCon Europe is coming up, 7th to 11th of April 2008 [1],
and the
        > deadline for submission of abstracts is coming up fast, on
26th of
        > this month.
        >
        > What should we aim to do here?
        >
        > The options seem to be
        >
        > (60 minutes) Multi-person panel discussion
        > (60 minutes) Normal presentation
        > Intensive topical training (full-day)
        > Intensive topical training (half-day)
        > Intensive topical training (two-day)
        >
        > My guess is that we should submit for a 60 minute
presentation,  but
        > should we go for a tutorial session as well?
        >
        > I'm happy to coordinate,  and although presenting on SCA would
take me
        > a little out of my comfort zone, I would welcome the chance to
do so.

        > As a possible starting point for thinking about this I was
looking at
        > Simon Laws' abstract and presentation for the recent JavaZone
        > conference [2], [3].  What would we want to update or
emphasize
        > differently from this?  In the short term we just need to get
an
        > abstract together and think about who will do the
presentation.

        > Regards, Kelvin.
        >
        > [1] http://www.eu.apachecon.com/
        > [2] http://www4.java.no/web/show.do?page=92&articleid=5343
        > [3]

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/68184/BuildingSO
AWithApacheTuscany.ppt?version=1

        > For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        > I would certainly submit an abstract for a 60 minute
presentation. I know
        others in the community have been working on tutorial material.
What's the
        state of that? If that is going ahead then that material could
be reused and
        a proposal made. Would be good to get more mileage out of it.

        Regards