Hi all,

We've released v1.0 of Tuscany SCA 2 weeks ago... So it's probably the right time now to ask what people want to do next and try to build a roadmap for the next few releases.

Here are a few random thoughts to initiate the discussion. I've just listed the things that came to my mind this morning, but I'm sure that there's much much more to add :)

- Support for transaction and reliability policies
Several users have asked for it, and there's now a public draft of the transaction policy spec

- Webapp and EJB module integration
I'd like to track the OASIS work on this and implement it in parallel in Tuscany. Many users have existing J2EE EJB and EAR modules that they'll need to integrate in bigger SCA compositions. Also Webapp developers will need a non-intrusive way to wire a Webapp with other SCA components in an SCA domain.

- Conversational and non blocking + callback programming model over Web2.0 bindings Seems like a good fit with JSON for example... in particular Ajax interactions fit really well with the SCA non blocking + callback programming model.

- Ability to model client side JavaScript components
Looking at the Store sample for example, I'd like to be able to model the client Javascript as a component with SCA references to the ShoppingCart and Catalog services, instead of manually creating JSON and Atom client proxies in the client Javascript code.

- Support for Atom using Apache Abdera
Abdera just released their 0.3.0, I've started to look at it and it looks pretty good. I think we should try to port our Atom/RSS binding to it and see how it compares with the Rome library which we are currently using.

- More modular distributions, in addition to our current all-in-one distribution, distribute smaller packages that people can choose to install or not?

- Some clean up of the core runtime invocation and injection mechanism, we can probably simplify and actually remove code in a number of places :)

Could people please jump in and say what they want to see in the next few releases? What they need for their Tuscany based projects? What is missing? What needs to be improved or fixed?