[snip]
Simon Nash wrote:
I would like to make a start on improving the modularity of the
distro by building a distro containing only a base SCA runtime.
Sebastien's description of this was
 - base SCA runtime (assembly, policy fwk, impl-java)

[snip]

I haven't yet figured out how to do a sandbox
build that pulls in code from the trunk, without copying it.  Does
anyone else have an example of this that I could look at?

Modules assembled by the Maven assembly plugin are taken out of the Maven repository, so you shouldn't need to copy the code to come up with a different assembly.

For an example, look at the assemblies under sca/distribution.

I'm also going to put together an assembly for the eclipse plugin, I'll give a pointer when it's there.

Hope this helps.