ant elder wrote:
On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Dave Sowerby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

All,

I've spotted there's no FAQs for using Tuscany with Weblogic, so I
thought I'd throw something together to help :)

Over on my blog:

http://davesowerby.blogspot.com/2008/02/using-tuscany-with-weblogic.html

It covers the updates necessary to webapps and then an example of how to
deploy.

If you think it'll be useful, please feel free to link from the FAQs

Cheers,

Dave.

Dave,

It's very useful. Thanks!

Would you be OK if we copied the steps you've given to our Wiki? I'm asking because I think that blogspot is not accessible from China for example, so a whole part of the world will not be able to get these instructions from your blog, but could get them from the Tuscany Wiki.

Wouldn't it be good if the Tuscany samples just worked out-of-the-box on
Weblogic and didn't need this manual moving of the .composite file?

Yes, +1

I know
this is going to be yet another facet of the ongoing runtime and
contributions discussions but in the meantime if we move the webapp samples
.composite files into  the meta-inf folder then the samples would just work
everywhere.

That's not a good idea IMO as meta-inf is not where people expect to place their normal development artifacts. I'd prefer if we fixed the Tuscany contribution processing to correctly handle WARs and support JARs under the lib/ folder.