Hey,

Absolutely, feel free to copy/translate/whatever you need to do with
it, though it'd be nice if you could still link back/acknowledge me in
some small way ;)

Just for my 2p on the weblogic situation I agree that the META-INF
directory is the wrong place for the composite files to live
long-term, there's every chance that users of Tuscany may have several
contributions within a webapp, which are all organised into suitable
jars.

Dave.

On Feb 15, 2008 11:16 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ant elder wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Dave Sowerby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> All,
> >>
> >> I've spotted there's no FAQs for using Tuscany with Weblogic, so I
> >> thought I'd throw something together to help :)
> >>
> >> Over on my blog:
> >>
> >> http://davesowerby.blogspot.com/2008/02/using-tuscany-with-weblogic.html
> >>
> >> It covers the updates necessary to webapps and then an example of how to
> >> deploy.
> >>
> >> If you think it'll be useful, please feel free to link from the FAQs
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Dave.
> >>

> Dave,
>
> It's very useful. Thanks!
>
> Would you be OK if we copied the steps you've given to our Wiki? I'm
> asking because I think that blogspot is not accessible from China for
> example, so a whole part of the world will not be able to get these
> instructions from your blog, but could get them from the Tuscany Wiki.
>

> > Wouldn't it be good if the Tuscany samples just worked out-of-the-box on
> > Weblogic and didn't need this manual moving of the .composite file?
>
> Yes, +1
>
> I know
> > this is going to be yet another facet of the ongoing runtime and
> > contributions discussions but in the meantime if we move the webapp samples
> > .composite files into  the meta-inf folder then the samples would just work
> > everywhere.
>
> That's not a good idea IMO as meta-inf is not where people expect to
> place their normal development artifacts. I'd prefer if we fixed the
> Tuscany contribution processing to correctly handle WARs and support
> JARs under the lib/ folder.
>

> >    ...ant
> >

> --
> Jean-Sebastien