Venkata Krishnan wrote:
Hi Sebastien,

I have made the changes to the secure-bigbank demo.  Let me know if there is
something that looks odd and not practical in a real world scenario.
Thanks.

I'm starting to like it :) I have a few more suggestions:

- Merge it into the main bigbank scenario.

- Place definitions.xml files in different contributions to show that policies can be configured externally.

- Remove the CallbackHandlers as hardcoding a password in a piece of code in the contribution is not what I'd call practical :)

Another suggestion to make policies easier to use: Support external attachment of a PolicySet to a composite element independent of the presence of intents.

Here are some use cases:
- configure confidentiality at deployment time, without having to go back and change the application composite to add intents or policySets.

- configure the number of HTTP connections on a reference [1], over time when traffic increases, again with no change to the composite.

External policy attachment is starting to be discussed in the OASIS policy spec workgroup [2], but I was thinking that we could start simple with just an additional attribute on PolicySet for now, like this:

<policySet alwaysAppliesTo="xpath" ...>
<!-- typical policySet configuration here -->
/policySet>

The policySet would be applied to the composite elements matching the xpath in alwaysAppliesTo, independent of the presence or not of any intents.

Thoughts?

[1] http://marc.info/?l=tuscany-user&m=120051348720777
[2] http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-15