Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
Simon Laws wrote:

I've been running the workspace code today with a view to integrating the
new code in assembly which calculates service endpoints i.e. point4 above.

I think we need to amend point 4 to make this work properly..

4. Point my Web browser to the various ATOM collections to get:
- lists of contributions, composites and nodes
- list of contributions that are required by a given contribution
- the source of a particular composite
- the output of a composite after the domain composite has been built by
CompositeBuilder

Looking at the code in DeployableCompositeCollectionImpl I see that on
doGet() it builds the request composite. What the last point needs to do is

- read the whole domain
- set up all of the service URIs for each of the included composites taking
into account the node to which each composite is assigned
- build the whole domain using CompositeBuilder
- extract the required composite from the domain and serialize it out.

Yes, exactly!

Are you changing this code or can I put this in?

Just go ahead, I'll update and merge if I have any other changes in the same classes.

Simon, a quick update: I've done an initial bring-up of node2-impl. It's still a little rough but you can give it a try if you want.

The steps to run the store app for example with node2 are as follows:

1) use workspace-admin to add the store and assets contributions to the domain;

2) add the store composite to the domain composite using the admin as well;

3) start the StoreLauncher2 class that I just added to the store module;

4) that will start an instance of node2 with all the node config served from the admin app.

So the next step is to integrate your node allocation code with workspace-admin and that will complete the story. Then we'll be able to remove all the currently hardcoded endpoint URIs from the composites.

I'll send a more detailed description and steps to run more scenarios later on Friday.