On Tue, Feb 5, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Venkata Krishnan wrote:
> > It would also be good to have some sort of 'ping' function that could be
> > used to check if a service is receptive to requests.  Infact I wonder if
> the
> > Workspace Admin should also be able to test this sort of a ping per
> > binding.  Is this something that can go into the section (B) .. or is
> this
> > out of place ?
> >

> Good idea, I'd put it section (D). A node runtime needs to provide a way
> to monitor its status.
>
> --
> Jean-Sebastien

> Hi Sebastien

I see you have started to check in code related to steps A and B. I have
time this week to start helping on this and thought I would start looking at
the back end of B and moving into C but don't want to tread on you toes.

I made some code to experiment with before I went on holiday so it's not
integrated with your code (it just uses the Workspace interface). What I was
starting to look at was resolving a domain level composite which includes
unresolved composites. I.e. I built a composite which includes the
deployable composites for a series of contributions and am learning about
resolution and re-resolution.

I'm not doing anything about composite selection for deployment just yet.
That will come from the node model/gui/command line. I just want to work out
how we get the domain resolution going in this context.

If you are not already doing this I'll carry on experimenting in my sandbox
for a little while longer and spawn of a separate thread to discuss.