Luciano Resende wrote:
Please review and vote on the 1.2 release artifacts of Tuscany SCA for Java.

The artifacts are available for review at:
http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC4/

This includes the signed binary and source distributions, the RAT report,
and the Maven staging repository.

The eclipse updatesite for the Tuscany Eclipse plugins is available at:
http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC4/updatesite/

The release tag is available at :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.2-RC4/

Looks OK to me, here is my +1.

Luciano,

Sorry to spoil the party, but I run into a problem running the Tutorial following the instructions in the README.

So I install the apache-tuscany-sca-1.2-incubating.zip and go to the /tutorial directory and follow the instructions in the README, starting the domain manager:

   cd domain
   java -jar ../../modules/tuscany-node2-launcher-1.2-incubating.jar domain

This seems to run well (no errors reported)

I view the SCA Manager application at:

http://localhost:9990/ui/cloud/

...the various nodes appear as they should.

I try to start the StoreNode, as recommended in the README, but when I select the Start button, I get an error, with an exception trace in the command window running the SCA server, which starts with:

15-Apr-2008 15:09:58 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet /processes/* threw exception
java.lang.LinkageError: JAXB 2.0 API is being loaded from the bootstrap classloader, but this RI (from jar:file:/C:/Tuscany_1_2/tuscany-sca-1.2-incubating/lib/j axb-impl-2.1.6.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuilder.class) needs 2.1 API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place jaxb-api.jar in the bootstrap classloader. (See http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/)

...followed by the usual long exception trace

Sounds like a configuration error, with the wrong level of JAXB libraries being used.

Is this just me - or is this a problem with the build?

Yours,  Mike.