On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 3:31 PM, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Mike Edwards <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Luciano Resende wrote:
> >
> > > Please review and vote on the 1.2 release artifacts of Tuscany SCA for
> > > Java.
> > >
> > > The artifacts are available for review at:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC4/<http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC4/>
> <http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC4/>
> > >
> > > This includes the signed binary and source distributions, the RAT
> > > report,
> > > and the Maven staging repository.
> > >
> > > The eclipse updatesite for the Tuscany Eclipse plugins is available
> at:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC4/updatesite/<http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC4/updatesite/>
> <http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC4/updatesite/>
> > >
> > > The release tag is available at :
> > >
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.2-RC4/
> > >

> > > Looks OK to me, here is my +1.
> > >
> > >  Luciano,
> >
> > Sorry to spoil the party, but I run into a problem running the Tutorial
> > following the instructions in the README.
> >
> > So I install the apache-tuscany-sca-1.2-incubating.zip and go to the
> > /tutorial directory and follow the instructions in the README, starting
> the
> > domain manager:
> >
> >   cd domain
> >   java -jar ../../modules/tuscany-node2-launcher-1.2-incubating.jar
> domain
> >
> > This seems to run well (no errors reported)
> >
> > I view the SCA Manager application at:
> >
> > http://localhost:9990/ui/cloud/
> >
> > ...the various nodes appear as they should.
> >
> > I try to start the StoreNode, as recommended in the README, but when I
> > select the Start button, I get an error, with an exception trace in the
> > command window running the SCA server, which starts with:
> >
> > 15-Apr-2008 15:09:58 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve
> invoke
> > SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet /processes/* threw exception
> > java.lang.LinkageError: JAXB 2.0 API is being loaded from the bootstrap
> > classloader, but this RI (from
> > jar:file:/C:/Tuscany_1_2/tuscany-sca-1.2-incubating/lib/j
> > axb-impl-2.1.6.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuilder.class)
> > needs 2.1 API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place
> jaxb-api.jar in
> > the bootstrap classloader. (See
> > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/)
> >

> > ...followed by the usual long exception trace
> >

> > Sounds like a configuration error, with the wrong level of JAXB
> libraries
> > being used.
> >
> > Is this just me - or is this a problem with the build?
> >

> > Yours,  Mike.
> >

> I've just run through what you have described and it works ok for me.
> Could
> [...]

I just ran it too and it works for me...

WinXp SP2
java version "1.5.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build pwi32dev-20070201
(SR4))

IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32
j9vmwi3223-2007020
1 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20070131_11312_lHdSMR
JIT  - 20070109_1805ifx1_r8