Which number?

If we pick the next number - we've just done a 1.2 release so the trunk
version could now be "1.3-SNAPSHOT" which is the way we've done in the past
-  then every time we branch for the next release we also have to update the
trunk. Thats a bit more work but also it means that *everyone* who has a
dependency on Tuscany which specifies the trunk snapshot version now also
has to notice we've changed and make a corresponding change to their
dependency version.

Personally I like the simple "SNAPSHOT" as it lets you get the latest
development code without having to pay close attention to whats going on in
trunk or ever touch the trunk version again. But using "1.x-SNAPSHOT" would
also mostly avoid both of those problems mentioned above.

   ...ant