You are correct that in Tuscany currently we don't have any way to
make a WCF Web service part of the SCA domain.

I think there are (at least) two options for how you could do this.

1. Use <binding.ws> on a SCDL reference to connect from the SCA domain
   to the WCF Web service.  The reference is part of the SCA domain but
   the WCF Web service that it invokes is not part of the SCA domain.

2. Create an SCA service that encapsulates the WCF service, and wire
   to this SCA service in the usual way.  The encapsulating SCA service
   is part of the SCA domain.  It would be possible to create a new
   component implementation type <implementation.wcf> to specify this
   encapsulation and perform the necessary WCF invocations.

This is a great topic to discuss and I'm sure others will have other
alternatives and opinions on the pros and cons of various approaches.

  Simon

James, Steven wrote:

I have a question regarding WCF and SCA integration which I am hoping
someone in this list can give clarity to.

As far as I see it currently a WCF Web service is not part of the
SCADomain. If a composed component had a dependency on a WCF component
could an explicit reference be set to that WCF web service in the SCDL
file? Or is this an internal matter and how we connect and invoke the
WCF component should be encapsulated in our SCA component?
Regards,

Steve