From: Simon Nash [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 2007-10-22 10:33
To: tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: SCA WCF Integration

You are correct that in Tuscany currently we don't have any way to
make a WCF Web service part of the SCA domain.

I think there are (at least) two options for how you could do this.

1. Use <binding.ws> on a SCDL reference to connect from the SCA domain
    to the WCF Web service.  The reference is part of the SCA domain but
    the WCF Web service that it invokes is not part of the SCA domain.

2. Create an SCA service that encapsulates the WCF service, and wire
    to this SCA service in the usual way.  The encapsulating SCA service
    is part of the SCA domain.  It would be possible to create a new
    component implementation type <implementation.wcf> to specify this
    encapsulation and perform the necessary WCF invocations.

This is a great topic to discuss and I'm sure others will have other
alternatives and opinions on the pros and cons of various approaches.

   Simon

James, Steven wrote:

> I have a question regarding WCF and SCA integration which I am hoping
> someone in this list can give clarity to.
>
> As far as I see it currently a WCF Web service is not part of the
> SCADomain. If a composed component had a dependency on a WCF component
> could an explicit reference be set to that WCF web service in the SCDL
> file? Or is this an internal matter and how we connect and invoke the
> WCF component should be encapsulated in our SCA component?
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

> intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment
> and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are
intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are
confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission,
conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this
message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from
your system. Thank you.

Information confidentielle: Le présent message, ainsi que tout
fichier qui y est joint, est envoyé à l'intention exclusive de son
ou de ses destinataires; il est de nature confidentielle et peut
constituer une information privilégiée. Nous avertissons toute
personne autre que le destinataire prévu que tout examen,
réacheminement, impression, copie, distribution ou autre
utilisation de ce message et de tout fichier qui y est joint est
strictement interdit. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu,
veuillez en aviser immédiatement l'expéditeur par retour de
courriel et supprimer ce message et tout document joint de votre
système. Merci.