On 8 February 2012 13:40, ken brockman <krush1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello all:
> I have a general and very basic question if I may. I am in the process
> of attempting to write my first python app. I wanted to collect information
> and save it to lists and dictionaries. My question is, is it possible to
> save said lists and dictionaries in the program proper, or do i need to save
> the information to files on the hard drive.

Python
objects very easily with Python standard functionality, referred to in
Python terms as "pickling".  See the "pickle" module for  more
information:  http://docs.python.org/library/pickle.html

Thank you Walter for your help and speedy reply.

Using pickling I have somehow managed to save two separate lists, but the
dictionary is giving me much more of a struggle.
I will reference the link you were gracious enough to provide me. Hopefully a
few pots of coffee and my last few remaining brain cells will get me through it.
Thanks again...
PS the last few times i had attempted reading the docs on the python site,
well, I might as well have been reading a book in  ancient Sanskrit.
But if at first you don't succeed,try, try, try, again.
Have a great day.