On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:33 PM, ken brockman <krush1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Using pickling I have somehow managed to save two separate lists, but the
>> dictionary is giving me much more of a struggle.

Got it. I manage to get it to save to disk, but only by using the shell to
create an empty dictionary then pickling it and saving it to a file. Priming
the pump as it were. I had thought i had read that when you pickle and save a
list or dictionary to file, if it didn't already exist, it would be created.
That hasn't been my experience. Had I misunderstood or Am i doing something
wrong? Just for future reference. I'm as happy as the proverbial pig in
excrement just to get it to function.
Thanks all for your help.
Ken